Wednesday, September 01, 2010

How Did It Happen?

I'm talking about September. About back to school, Labor Day weekend, the end of summer, and all of the things I didn't get to do yet. Like take any sort of vacation.

It has definitely been one of the most hectic summers in recent memory. Moving pretty much ate up a month of time during July and August. But I'm settled in, loving my new place, and about to go drop off rent (not loving that part so much, but what can you do?).

Book-related things are going well, too. My editor accepted my revisions for ANOTHER KIND OF DEAD (Dreg City 3) and it's heading off to production. What can you expect from this book? SPOILER BITS! More relationship development (and angst) for Evy and Wyatt, a brand-new paranormal creature, answers about the hybrids found at Olsmill, and a sacrifice or two.

I've also completed the first draft of Dreg City 4, and will be giving it a thorough read-through very soon. It had a huge twist I didn't see coming, and I'm excited to see how it affects things in the future.

Also a reminder for anyone in the Eastern PA/Northern NJ/DE area, I'll be at the Christiana Mall Barnes & Noble in Newark, DE on Saturday September 11th. The signing starts at 4pm!

2 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Can't wait to read that one!! Very excited about it!

Wish I could be at the signing but it's too far for me to take a weekend trip. Sucks being in the midwest sometimes. Most of the times! ;)

Jenna Rysanek said...

I second that! I cannont wait for the next one to get here either! I re read the your other two all the time!!