Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Dreg City Series Continues!

Long-time followers of this blog know I had a pretty rough couple of months this past winter. 2010 wasn't going well for a while. Then my kitty got better. And then, at the end of April, I got the awesome news I can now officially share with everyone.

Photobucket

My awesome editor at Bantam bought two more Dreg City books! Yes, ladies and gents (and everyone else), the Dreg City series is now officially four books long. Evy gets to share a few more adventures with y'all. And I get to work with my editor and all the other fantastic people at Bantam again! Win!

The new books are tentatively titled Another Kind of Dead and Wrong Side of Dead. While I was fortunate that the first two titles in the series didn't change, I know there's always a chance these might so don't be surprised if they do.

For more details, there's an awesome write-up on Whitney Sullivan's Romantic Times blog. I didn't reveal any actual spoilers, but did drop a few hints as to what to expect as the series progresses, so please check it out!

Big thanks must go to my amazing agent. They say that a good agent is worth their weight in gold, and I have a great agent who is working on more fantastic things for me as I write this.

And of course, a huge round of thanks to you, Dear Readers. Without your support and your willingness to give Evy's story a shot, I couldn't type this post. You allow me to continue playing in her world for a while longer. So THANK YOU!!!!!

12 comments:

June Kramin said...

I gotta w00t you in every place I can! Congrats, Kelly!!

Glinda Harrison said...

This is fantastic news! I am so happy (for you AND for me "cuz I get to read them!)!

Josin L. McQuein said...

That's friggin' awesome! Congrats!

bettielee said...

One word.

Hotness.

Oh, and congrats!

Tyhitia Green said...

Congratulations, Kelly. Can't wait to read them all! ;-)

Damien Walters said...

This is so awesome! Congratulations!!

Michelle said...

I've been a fan of yours from day one. I'm super happy for you. Congrats!

Abigail said...

That is awesome! Congratulations to you and us :)

kylie said...

congrats, kelly. you can totally count me in as an impatient fan wanting more dreg!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

YEAH!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I am so glad to hear the series will be around a little longer. :) Can't wait!

Do you have the stories already started in your head, in hopes for this?

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Thanks so much, everyone!!!

Melissa - I actually had a complete draft of Book 3 finished and submitted before we got the offer. So it's already in my editor's hands. I had ideas for where I wanted to take the story in Book 4 and now that I'm writing that book, I can really explore and expand on them.

It's gonna be fun! :)

dave p said...

Congrats! Loved the first book, looking forward to more!!