Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy October!

Happy October! Another month down, only three more to go in 2009. Can't quite believe it.

There's still time to enter in the Countdown: September! Contest, so be sure to check it out. Contest closes at midnight, Pacific time, which leaves about sixteen and a half hours to play. I love all of the entries so far. You guys rock!

Today also kicks off Halloween Havoc, over at the League of Reluctant Adults.

Photobucket

It's a month-long celebration that will include interviews, guest blogs, and any other random miscellany we can come up with to entertain you. So be sure to hang out over there!

September ended on a high-note for me. Not only did I connect a couple of dots in my series's over-all story arc, but I also got my editorial letter for AS LIE THE DEAD! Double-score! Dear Editor loved it, said it was tight and well-executed. I've heard so many stories from other authors who've struggled with "second book syndrome" that I feel extremely lucky. ALTD was almost easier to write than TDTD--I think because I'd already built the world and laid out the groundwork. All I had to do in the sequel was expand upon what was there, instead of starting it all from scratch.

The trick, of course, was matching or surpassing the emotional impact of the first book, and sounds like I hit the mark. Phew! And Dear Editor's suggestions will make the book shine. The value of a terrific editor is impossible to put into words, but she is amazing and I can't wait to dig into this.

Plus, five pages of edits versus nine for TDTD? *pumps fist*

2 comments:

Tyhitia Green said...

That's great that book 2 went well for you, Kelly. Yay! :-D Congrats on the fewer edit notes.

One more month and we can read it!! Autographed copy would be nice. :-D

I plan to have my WIP done by December.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the edit notes. Can't wait to see what happens next!!!
:)

Have a great month!
Leslee
Night Owl Romance
www.nightowlromance.com