Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, Book 4) Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Minor Spoilers.



This book proved that if you really love an author, you must trust them to do right by their characters. After reading a handful of reviews on the previous book in the series, Iron Kissed, some folks seemed dismayed by the very end.



I loved that Bone Crossed rewound just a bit and started with that same final scene, adding some texture and internal dialogue, and giving a very different twist. Made me love Adam all the more.



One of the things I really enjoy about these books is how details from one will come back to play again two books later. It makes the world feel fluid and connected, and it shows the consequences of choices made.



One of my favorite relationships in this one was Marsilia and Stefan. Marsilia is one of those characters I just can't hate, because she's so darned conniving. And yet everything she did was for one particular reason.



I'm eager to dive into the Alpha & Omega series now, but have a couple of vampire debuts to read first. I need a little balance in my literary diet, no?


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

singer416 said...

I started reading the Mercy Thompson series this year, too! I agree with you on how seamlessly she is able to have her world flow from one novel to the next. I've read a few other book series that don't seem to have Patricia Briggs' knack for continuity.
I think my favorite part in Bone Crossed was that she was finally able to take that first real step towards letting someone finally get close to her. I wonder if she's going to play on that security in the next book? Great blog and I look forward to reading it often. :)
See you on AW!

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Hi Singer! Welcome to the blog. *g*

I hope to start reading Briggs' Alpha & Omega series soon, and I'm sure they'll be just as wonderful as the Mercy books.

So many good books, too little time. :)