Sunday, January 25, 2009

Five Things I Learned.....

....on Saturday, when I hung out with one of my awesome betas for the first time.


1. Writing query letters is HARD.

2. Paying six dollars for the right chocolate bar is worth it.

3. I can walk out of a bookstore without buying a single book (YAY!). I feel guilty for leaving all of those un-adopted books behind, but I can do it.

4. There exists in the world a person called a Skimmer. The Skimmer, heretofore unknown to me, skims an entire book instead of reading it. Then they decide if it's worth it to actually read the book. Again. Now that they know exactly what happens. I do not understand.

5. The people who rewrote the Food Pyramid were wrong. The four basic food groups, in actuality, are: Protein (of which peanut butter is a major contributor), Cheese, Chocolate, and Slurpie/Coffee (we could not agree on this point, so we consider it a draw).

3 comments:

Linda Robertson said...

I agree with all of this... especially your Food Pyramid. Coffee definietly is a food group unto itself for me!
:-) Congrats on being an aunt,BTW!

JKB said...

I;m with you...but how horrible! You left the bookstore without buying anything!?!?!?!


OH NOEZ!

;)

Melissa nance said...

LOL. I wish I could have been there.

A random aside: Oooo... my new g-mail account lets me post under my own name again!