Monday, November 24, 2008

Why Are Copy Editors So Awesome?

Because they prevent from you using the word "recreation" when "re-creation" is the one you want, thereby giving the noun of the sentence (the female figure, in this case) an entirely new (and innuendo-laden) meaning.

Yes, copyedits have arrived. I'm pleased to say I seem to know my way around a comma and (as of getting through 306 of 401 pages) no egregious errors in continuity. One more step toward having that bound book in my hands. It's also my last chance to make any significant changes (not that I think I need any, but the option is there).

Busy week? Ha! Copyedits...hosting Thanksgiving...high school reunion on Friday...someone pass the rum...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do have a busy week, but it is filled with good stuff, right?

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Definitely with good stuff. :)