Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Subconcious Vampire Influence

Thanks to the book I finished reading last night, I dreamed about vampires. Oddly, though, I dreamed about vampires in a beach resort town. Not quite like Lost Boys, though. The beaches I dream in are more like the ones I grew up around, not the Pacific Northwest.

Anyway, in my dream, these vamps had a pretty sweet set-up: rent a furnished cottage to an unsuspecting family, complete with clothes and accessories they can use (ha! Where did all this stuff come from, you stupid Human Appetizers?). Fortunately, I was the Smart One in my family and decided to investigate. I was ambushed, but somehow developed the super-cool ability to completely kick vampire ass (yay for book influence!). So I kicked some ass, then went to save my family.

My cat woke me up somewhere around there, so I have no idea if we won or if we became vamp kibble, but it was a fun dream.

And the book that influenced it all: Halfway to the Grave, by Jeaniene Frost. It was another from my "started, but never finished" pile, and I have no idea why I waited so long to get back to it. I put off reading the last few chapters for a couple of days, because I didn't want the story to end. But last night I gave in and, ss some friends from AW would say: Awesomesauce! I finally know what her other fans already know--Cat rocks. Bones rocks. The sequel's going on my Christmas list.

Good news is the pile of "started, but never finished" books had now been cut in half. Three left, and then I can begin relieving my overstressed bookshelves of other novels begging for attention.

No comments: