Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another One Down

If anyone wondered where I've been for the last three weeks, here it is: writing like a mad demon.

I never realized how intently focused I could get on a novel until I started writing the latest. Exactly seven weeks ago. And now it's finished, at 104k words. I have never written so much, so fast. I thought writing the last one (Warden's Trance) was special, but boy howdy! This one (Ace's Wild) takes the prize. It's a sequel to the story I finished in March. Now that they are both done, I can go back and rip through the first novel with my editorial hat on.

I entered the query hook for Warden's Trance in the contest run by the lovely authors at the Fangs, Fur and Fey livejournal. I was asked to send in pages, and the crit is posted here. The notes I received are fantastic. Very helpful. Definitely stop by, especially if you are a fan of paranormal and urban fantasy. It's a great blog.

I get to start paying on the new car next week. Joy of joys.

Saw Spiderman 3 on Sunday. Okay, so it wasn't the greatest movie ever, or even better than the first two (and let's face it, what third films ever are?), but it wasn't terrible. So many people are trashing it, and I just don't get it. I really don't. And I suppose I don't want to get it. I went to see a high-octane, entertaining movie. I was entertained. I laughed. I even jumped once. I got to see James Franco in his undewear. Do I really need more in a film?

1 comment:

T. M. Hunter said...

It's almost mandatory for folks to bash on at least one movie in a trilogy...most often than not, the third...