Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Warm Fuzzy Bliss

Dreams about Rob Lowe usually end with me waking in a state of warm fuzzy bliss, with only a vague memory of the actual events of the dream. Not so last night. All remembered all the salient details, including a conversation I had with someone in the dream, and wrote them down on a sheet of notebook paper.

The notes haunted me all day, as I ran errands, did the dishes, and watched some mindless television. I figured out who Rob represented (a man named Max), who I represented (a woman named Talia), and what was going on (investigation into an old, accidental death). Near future setting, neither character is quite who they seem. Started writing "The Bathtub" around six o'clock this evening. We'll see how it progresses.

The inspiring dialogue:

Talia: Ma'am, do you work here?
Lady: Used to.
Talia: Do you know a woman named __?
Lady: Yes.
Talia: Is she still around?
Lady: She passed away last year. Looking for the truth of her sister.
Talia: Her sister?
Lady: Yes, her sister was murdered many years ago. Just like yours.
Talia: No. No, my sister died in the bathtub.
Lady: Of course she did.

I just had to know what all that meant. And I think I have the answer.

No comments: